The National Guard Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program reinforce the Guard’s commitment to eliminate incidents of sexual assault. This policy focuses on education, prevention, integrated victim support, rapid reporting, thorough investigation, appropriate action, and follow-up. The National Guard promotes sensitive care for victims of sexual assault and accountability for those who commit these crimes.
Victim Advocates (VA) serve at the Battalion and Brigade level. Each battalion has two VA’s and each Brigade had one VA.
- Facilitate the choices of a victim
- Engage victim in healing, interpersonal process
- Help victim use whatever internal and external resources are available
- Provide support, empowerment, and education
- Crisis intervention, NOT a clinical intervention or a treatment of an illness
- Notify SARC of Sexual Assault occurrences
- Maintain confidentiality
What to Do in the Case of a Sexual Assault:
- Get to a safe location. Do not shower, change clothes, brush your teeth, or wash your hands.
- If severely injured: For Non-restricted option call 911 and a SARC/ For Restricted option contact a SARC.
- Ensure you have a Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (S.A.F.E.) conducted.
DoD Safe Helpline
Live Online Help: click here
Text* 55-247 (Inside the U.S.)
202-470-5546 (Outside the U.S.)
Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands:
803-771-RAPE (7273) Richland & Lexington County
800-491-RAPE (7273)Newberry & Sumter County
Julie Valentine Center for Sexual Assault Recovery
Greenville, SC 24/7 Hotline 864-467-3633
People Against Rape, Charleston, SC
24 Hour Line 800-241-RAPE (7273)
Rape Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN):
- SCNG SAPR Facebook
- DoD Sexual Assault Prevention Response
- National Guard Sexual Assault Prevention & Response
- U.S. Army Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program
- I.A.M. Strong Army Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program
- Army Hooah4Health Website Prevention: Sexual Assault
CPT Ashley Young: Sexual Assault Response Coordinator
Capt Marian Burgess: WING Sexual Assault Response Coordinator
SGT Kristin Daniel-Houser: Victim Advocate Coordinator